Monday, January 3, 2011

Procrastination

I am good at it.

There is always something else that needs to be done. Right now, I need to go upstairs and wash the dishes. But it is more important to write this. Can this wait until the dishes are done? Nope, gotta do it now. Because then I can sit here in front of the TV and not wash the dishes.

I have a list of things I need to get done. Everything from cleaning out the laundry room to listing stuff online for sale. Nothing on the list is difficult, or hard, or something I am not capable of. I am just good at procrastinating.

Why? I don't know. Maybe it's my way of rebelling. But against what? Myself? So what good is that? What motive do I have for not getting the dishes done? Why don't I just go do the dishes? Once they are done I can relax with a cup of tea. Until I do them, I will be sitting here thinking about them, not having tea and not relaxing. What is up with that?

This year, I am going to work on my procrastination skills. I am going to be not so good at it. I know I can't get everything done this week, but I can set realistic goals and just do them.

I am not going to get it all figured out today. But I am going to get those dishes done.

No comments:

Post a Comment