Sunday, January 16, 2011

Countdown

45.

45 Days.

ONLY... 45 Days.

I'm leaving. On a jet plane...

I leave for Europe on March 3 and I am getting really excited. I have lists of things to do, and lots of calls to make before I go.

I am excited. I don't think I am nervous.Mind you, I don't want to think about being half the world away from everyone I know. On my own. Having to navigate and find my way in new places, with languages I don't know.

It will be great.

My plans are shaping up.

So far I will be leaving early on Thursday March 3. I will be taking the first Ferry to Vancouver, then the city bus to the Airport. I can check in as early as 10am and my flight leaves at 2pm. The really cool part about this is that D. from work and her family are on the same flight! So we will be meeting at the Ferry and travelling together. All the way to Gatwick! We should be landing at Gatwick at about 7:30am (local time) on Friday morning.

Once I get to Gatwick I have to grab my bags and get through Customs. Then hop on the Shuttle up to the Airport at Luton to catch my flight to Paris. This leaves Luton at about 2:30pm and arrives at Charles De Gaulle Airport at about 5:30pm. Then bags and Customs again.

Once I get done at the Airport I am planning to use a week in the time share for my first week in Paris. So I will just have to get there... That could be by transit, or taxi. It will depend on exactly where I end up staying. The time share details are still working themselves out...

Once I am in Paris, I will be looking for a good night sleep. I will have been travelling for 27 hours, across 9 time zones. I might be a little tired... Just a little. I have a plan. I have some magic pills that will get me a good night sleep, and I will be using them. For the first night anyway.

Next thing I know, it will be Saturday morning. I will have had a good night sleep and will be ready to go find something to eat.

Maybe a croissant?

Then off to see Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment