Sunday, February 6, 2011

Changes.

22 pounds.

More energy.

Food issues.

And more.

It's been almost 6 months since I cut wheat and sugar out of my diet. I have been pretty successful, with the exception of a few weeks over Christmas, which was mostly planned.

I am feeling great!

I have lost 22 pounds. I have been able to pull clothes out of the closet that I have not been able to wear in over three years. It felt good to get back into them. I still have a long way to go, but this is a good start. Also, I am not doing this to lose weight but it is the most noticeable side effect. And one I don't mind.

My skin has cleared up a lot. This is one of the best parts. I have had eczema my whole life and am able to control it everywhere except my face. Nice. The one place I really don't want it is the one place I can't seem to keep a handle on it. Eczema sucks. It's frustrating to get up every morning and see a nice big red patch in the middle of your face. And it won't go away. No matter how much you moisturize, or scrub, or cry. It's always there. Itching and peeling and showing itself to the world. No matter what great things happen in your day, you always have this thing. And you can't hide it. And everyone sees it. And some people are assholes. I mean seriously. Who would ever think it's OK to say 'Whats wrong with your face'. Nothing. Jerk. Alright, so that's my rant. Done for now, and hopefully I will rant less as it continues to clear up.

I have more energy and am sleeping better. I feel like a human being. I think. Ever since I had Mono when I was 12 I have had to be really aware of how much sleep I get or I end up really run down. And I have insomnia. Great combo. Mono rocks.* So I am not really sure what other people feel like on a daily basis, but it looks like they generally have more energy than I do. Now I find that I can't nap on the weekends because I have been sleeping so well at night. And it's not an ordeal to go out for the evening after work, or spend a whole day in the garden. I don't have to plan for 'recovery days' anymore!

Food issues. Wow. I am actually amazed. I didn't realize I was so messed up, until I wasn't as messed up anymore. I look at food totally differently. Totally. Now, I am much more laid back about food and what I eat and how I eat it. I can look at food and say yes or no based on weather or not I should eat it that day, and actually want it. Not based on the fact that it is there, and I want to eat ALL of it. And, besides, now I would rather have some fruit instead of junk.

Chilled out. I have. A bit. Not totally, but some. Things that used to really gross me out, like to the point of gagging, just don't bother me anymore. I have noticed a big change in the way I look at things. And not just food stuff, but everything. Weird that fixing the food part can fix not-food parts.

This gluten and sugar free thing is doing something. Something good. I will be sticking with it.

The next challenge will be to get my rear end back to the gym. I am working on it.


Lets see how it goes...

*Sooo not true.

No comments:

Post a Comment