Sunday, November 14, 2010

Water, Water Everywhere

I have 2 cats.

They are not the best of friends.

One I have had for about 10 years, her name is Bob (yes, Bob is a girl). The other cat, Charlotte (also a girl), I have had since March of this year. I got Charlotte as Bob was painfully lonely after the sudden passing of her best friend, Rupi.

Bob and Rupi in January

I certainly didn't expect Bob and Charlotte to be immediate buddies, but I figured that the hissing and fighting would have stopped by now. I was so wrong.

I have found one thing they agree upon.

When we moved into this house I put out their water dishes and noticed that they never drank out of them. Weird. Cats need water to survive, I am sure of it.

It took a little while to figure out what was going on...

Bob in the tub and Charlotte on the tub

The bathtub faucet drips.

I guess the fresh drippy bathtub water is better than the fresh tap water I put out every day. Now, I don't even bother with water dishes.

It's nice to see that they are learning to get along. Or at least be in the same room without fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment