Sunday, June 12, 2011

Time and Gelato

(Tuesday March 29, 2011)

It's the day before the day before I leave London. There is so much I want to do.

One thing I have always wanted to do is go to the Royal Observatory to see the Greenwich Meridian Line. To stand with one foot in the Eastern Hemisphere and one foot in the Western Hemisphere. To see Longitude 0˚. 

Time is a man made concept. It's not something physical, that you can touch and feel. It's a theory. And at the Meridian Line, you can see it and touch time. 

So I did.

 



It was a long Metro and DLR ride, but well worth it. There was also a walk up a long hill to get to the Observatory, Once I got to the top, the view was awesome.

From the bottom of the hill, before climbing up.

The view from the top once I climbed up that hill.

This was at the top too. It's a pointy thing.

After checking out the Meridian Line and the Museum and everything to offer at the Observatory I headed back down to the DLR and back into Central London. To the National Portrait Gallery

No Pictures Allowed Inside.

After a nice wander through I headed to the gelato place behind the Gallery. Lemon Gelato is the best. Ever.

Trafalgar Square smelled less like pee today. Thankfully.

After my gelato it was starting to get dark, so back to the hotel to pack up and get everything ready to check out in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment