Friday, September 10, 2010

Golf-a-Q

Well, today was our annual 'Golf-a-Q' at work today. We went in to the office in the morning and then headed out to Prospect Lake Golf Course at about 1pm. It was a day of Golf, Dinner, Door Prizes and fun. 

Ready to Tee Off.
We were split into teams with others in the office that we didn't normally work with and sent out for a round of golf. This is done so that we get to know others in the office that we don't know. It works, and it's fun.

Co-Workers waiting their turn to tee off.
This is the third year I have gone to the Golf-a-Q and each year I have met some great people and had a good time. That's what it's all about. And a great dinner. And awesome Door Prizes...

Bambi?
The Golf Course is in a great setting. It is actually about 3km from my house. The company rents a bus to make sure that everyone gets to the Course, and then home safely, after drinking. Then everyone goes back to the office tomorrow to pick up their cars. Since I don't drink, I took my truck, full of prizes, and then was able to head home when I was ready. It was nice to be home within 5 minutes.

Beer Cart
While we are at the Course, some of our Social Committee Members commandeer Golf Carts to take orders and deliver 'beverages' to the golfers on the Course. They also drive around and have fun, take pictures and tease the golfers. 

This is a great day and an awesome way to get to know some of my co-workers.
And, this year, I cleaned up on Door Prizes! 

I am very thankful that I work for a Company that is willing and able to organize events like this.

I am also thankful that I am home and will be heading to bed shortly. All that fresh air, golfing, dinner and fun has worn me out.

I already can't wait till next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment