Friday, September 10, 2010

Sugar Free and Me!

Well, it's been 10 days of sugar free eating.

I feel great! The first couple days I felt really tired. Now, I am good. Not bursting with energy, but just 'normal'.

Everyone keeps asking what I am able to eat, which I think is kind of funny. I mean, it's not really all that hard. I am not cutting out anything from my diet, I am just changing out some ingredients.

For example, Pizza. Pizza is my favorite. I *heart* pizza. So, instead of using a flour tortilla as the crust I buy Spelt Pizza Crust. It's a bit of a different texture, not bad, just different. So... See?... Easy! Eventualy I would like to make my own crust, but I need to make sure that I have my meals all sorted out first and then move on to making things like Pizza Crust.

Pizza, the 'old way'.

One thing that I was pretty firm on when I agreed to change my diet was that I was not willing to go hungry. And I haven't. I have enough choice and volume to make sure I am not feeling like I am starving. And, a nice side effect is that I have lost 4 pounds! That's pretty good for only 10 days!

I have managed to find Soya Sauce, Apple Sauce, Yogurt and many other things that are on the 'good list'. I have created a list called Sugar Free in Victoria of the items I have found, and checked with my Naturopath, that can be incorporated into this way of eating.

So far I am feeling good, losing weight and enjoying what I am eating. I don't see any reason not to keep this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment