Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hot Sunday Salad.

Tonight I decided to make an Orzo and Roasted Vegetable Salad.

Yup, roasted vegetables on a day that hit 37 degrees. I am not sure what I was thinking.

I started by halving red and yellow Cherry Tomatoes into a dish, coating them with Olive Oil and sprinkling with Kosher Salt and Frech Cracked Pepper. These went into the oven to start roasting. Then I chopped Red Onion, Baby Potatoes, Garlic, Green and Yellow Zucchini and Baby Potatoes. Again, coated with Olive Oil and sprinkled with Kosher Salt and Fresh Pepper.

I loved the colours together on the corner of my cutting board.
While these were roasting I boiled up the Orzo. This went into a large bowl with a teaspoon of Sweet White Onion Honey and about a tablespoon and a half of Poppyseed Dressing Seasoning. Then I waited... and waited... for the veggies to finish roasting. The tomatoes smelled amazing.

Ready to go into the oven.

Once the veggies came out of the oven they went into the bowl with the Orzo. Everything was then mixed together with a bit of Olive Oil.


I can't wait to dig in at lunch tomorrow!

It smelled amazing! And tasted amazing too. I will be making this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment