Monday, August 30, 2010

Cookie Safety...

This weekend was the weekend of the Peanut Butter Cookie...

The girls spent the night on Friday night and were up way too bright and early on Saturday. I think 6:30am should be illegal.

By 8am we had finished breakfast and were moving on to baking Peanut Butter Cookies. The girls love to bake. They also love to 'test' whatever we have made. We were testing cookies by 9 o'clock. Nothing wrong with cookies in the morning... Right?... Right?...

A good start on the Cookie Dough.
Fortunately I had butter and peanut butter at room tempurature. No sooner did I start putting the ingredients into the bowl then I realized that I didn't have a mixer. If they had been in the fridge, we would have been out of luck! So, once I finished pouting, I broke out the old 'Armstrong' mixer. It's above, in the picture... the wooden spoon, and my arm.

I did have some help with the mixing...


That didn't last long.

We got the cookies rolled into balls and on to the trays, then came the fun part!


Squishing the dough!!

In the oven they went, then we began testing them as soon as they cooled off a wee bit.

They were super! So super that I forgot to take a picture. Mind you, they were Peanut Butter Cookies, so they looked pretty much the same coming out of the oven as they did going in.

This is the recipe I used...

Aunt Suzie's Peanut Butter Cookies 
(not my Aunt Suzie, it's actually what they are called in the cookbook)

1/2 cup shortening
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
11/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/ tsp vanilla

Cream shortening and peanut butter. Gradually add sugars. Add egg and beat well. Sift dry ingredients together. Gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in vanilla. Roll batter into small balls, place on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten with a fork. Bake at 375F for 10 to 15 minutes. Cool on a rack. Makes 4 dozen cookies.

I sub'd butter for the shortening and added extra chopped peanuts.

Then, for my own safety, I sent the cookies home with the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment