Friday, August 20, 2010

What a difference a day makes...

This morning I woke up ready to head back to bed.

The last week has been just ridiculous.
We are in the middle of our busiest 3 months of the year at work, I am helping S. with her Wedding on Monday, I have the kids overnight tonight, the house is a mess, the semester at school is ending - Eek - exams, I have a million things to do...

Don't get me wrong, I am happy to do each and every one of them. 
Sometimes my planner just gets a bit overwhelming.

For the last few days I have been dreaming about getting on my bike and going for a ride. 
Dreaming of not having to think or worry about anything. 
Just for a few hours. 
My bike, the wind and a few hours of nothing. 

Yah, that is soooo not happening. 

It's funny how a stressful week can really change your outlook on your day.
We all know this, but you just don't realize it all the time.
This morning on the way to work I saw this guy...

I decided that I was going to Blog about this, because it bugged me. 
He ended up being on the radio and everything. 
Turns out he bought a laptop from a buddy, who said he had bought it at Staples.
It broke. He has no receipt.
Staples will not fix it for him.
So, really?! Dude, what did you expect?
Go to work. Get off the corner. Stop being an idiot. 

My plan was to rant and rave about this and how silly I think he is.

Then I picked the kids up after work. 
We came to the house, made pizzas for dinner and sat in the tent on the deck and ate them.
Mmmm....
After dinner the girls were loaded into their pajamas.
All three of them started playing in the living room.
They were insane. 
I laughed so hard I cried.
R. laughed so hard, he cried.
Then I laughed at him, and cried again. 
It was hilarious. 
Seriously. 
 Check this out...



This went on, by all three of them, for about an hour. 

Now, I couldn't care less to Blog about that guy on the corner with the sign. 

Oh, and, if the question is asked about why I let this sort of insanity prevail until after 9pm...

This is why...


9:30pm. Out like a light.

I am not far behind them. With a smile on my face, and a certainty that 
I will survive the next few days no worse for wear. 
I will get that ride in.
Next week. 
And that's ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment