Friday, March 11, 2011

Moving Day. Again.

(Tuesday March 8, 2011)

Today I was up at 6:30am and out of the Hostel and on the Metro by 7am. The Hotel has let me drop my bags off early so I can have a full day of sightseeing and not have to drag bags with me. I got there and they were able to give me my room! Hotel iBis, you rock!

After dropping my bags I headed out. Today I have the Mussee d’Orsay, The Notre Dame Cathedral and The Conciergerie on my list.

First up, The Musee d’Orsay. Renoir, Monet, van Gough. Amazing. Starry Night is much larger than I thought it would be. 'Bridge Over a Pond of Water Lilies' is much different than the reprints, it actually has far more red than green in it. There were no pictures allowed in the museum at all. I spent a few hours wandering though and then it was time to find some food. I found a restaurant on my way to the Metro and had some soup for lunch. It was very good.

Man! The French sure can do some amazing things with white flour and sugar... I saw this on my way to the Musee d'Orsay

Next up, Notre Dame. It is beautiful. Everything is decorative. A wall is not just a wall, it will have carvings and seams between the stones and details that you would never believe someone would think of. And it’s huge. I wandered through for an hour or so, then figured it would be neat to go up the towers. The lineup for the towers was about 2 hours long. I decided it wouldn’t be that neat.

The Notre Dame Cathedral
 Off I went to The Conciergerie, it was just around the corner from Notre Dame. It was closed! They had some private function going on or something. My feet were thankful for this.

I decided I could head back to the Hotel as my feet really, really wanted to. Once I arrived, a nap seemed like a really good idea. After my nap I headed out again in search of food, then back to the hotel for bed.

Tomorrow will be a quiet day. I need to do laundry and just not walk for a day. I am not setting my alarm and will be taking it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment