Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rest Day... Ahhhh!...

(Saturday, March 26, 2011)  

After all the walking of the last few days and not taking a rest day since I got to the Hostel I have decided that today would be my rest day.

As I was checking out of the Hostel, they let me know that there was a rally going on through Central London and they were expecting 500,000 people to march. I checked the map and found that the protest would not interrupt my route to the Underground. I just hoped that the Underground would not be insanely busy, and off I went.

We all know what happened at that rally. Unfortunately a minority decided it would be a good place to riot and cause all sorts of trouble.

Fortunately I made it to my Hotel and was safely watching it on TV as it happened. I think the most exciting part of the day was my long hot shower and my nap. It was just what I needed.

Off to bed and then I will be all ready to go tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment